Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Blessings

Yesterday afternoon I had a wide excision on the upper arm to get rid of the rest of any Liposarcoma lurking around, and give us a nice margin. I went in at one, and was out by four. I cannot thank Peter Mac and the awesome staff there for getting me in two days after the final results came through, and by-and-large being awesome. I wasn't completely put under, it was a twilight anesthesia, and I've had problems with Local anesthetics before, so they were looking for me to tell them if and when I had issues with the local, which I did, briefly, but they were on top of it. They sent me home after a bit of a rest, with instructions to take Panadol six hourly.




They gave me a long-lasting Local, so the pain didn't kick in until about 8pm, but when it did, Boy, did it kick in. My arm started swelling, so I was straight onto the number for patient liaison, who clucked at me being given nothing but Panadol, and advised me to see my GP in the morning if I could last that long, or the hospital if I couldn't. I went into the Doc first thing and he all but laughed at Panadol being prescribed, and wrote out two scripts for something stronger. It took the first two doses to get on top of the pain, but now that I have, it's bearable. Moving is still painful, but as long as I rest, it's bearable.

More than anything, I'm glad it's gone. And that I've got such a supportive partner and family. What a Christmas present!

I hope everyone who celebrates gets what they need this Christmas, whether that's a particular present or time with their loved ones, and those who don't - enjoy the weekend!

1 comment:

blues buffett said...

Well done Keri, hope it's all done now and you can relax.
Best wishes to you and Jeremy and the upcoming nuptials.