Thursday, September 10, 2009

Comments and Moderation.

One of Bloggers big failings for me is not being able to ban commenters, or moderate certain commenters.

I've had issues in the last week (And in the past) with anonymous commenters and spam-bots, and because of one particular commenter, I've enabled comment moderation for the time being. Whether that gets turned off at some point in the future, or if I move to Wordpress as I've been threatening for the past god-knows how long, I don't know. I'm going to sleep on it and see how I go.

In the meantime, a reminder of the comments policy. I will not tolerate personal abuse of myself, my family and friends, my partner or other commenters. Yes, I will step in if there is personal abuse between commenters, but I'd prefer not to have to. I don't like that I have to have comments policy.

And the overiding principal? It's my blog, my call.

And yes, I realise I'm being slack with updating again. Will try and rectify.

2 comments:

Aussie Unionist said...

Smart policy. I had an idiot getting progressively more abusive and it's quite draining reading people's abuse. Quite often people start off innocent enough but as soon as you debate a point they get personal and nasty and attack you instead of having a debate.

I enjoy debate and discussion but if people get nasty then I will walk away.

Keri said...

I never needed one until Jeremy and I went public, and then it was on. But hey, that's the internet for you.