Sunday, June 21, 2009

Geek Heaven

So, I've been meaning to post for the last two or three days, but I've been distracted. Mainly by this:



HTC Magic running Android OS.

One of the things I love most about this phone is the features. Both whats included, and what you can download almost instantly from the Android Market for free. Like Google Sky. I open Google Sky, point my phone at a patch of the sky, and it tells me what constellation I'm looking at. I've got my Google Reader pointing at my phone, Twitroid set up for all my twittering needs, Gmail straight to my phone - in a format that isn't more difficult to use than a PC.

It's glorious. I'm in heaven. And it shits all over the iphone.

8 comments:

Iain Hall said...

The important question is "does it take boy scouts out of horses hooves?"
Enjoy your new toy :o)

Keri said...

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, Iain.

Iain Hall said...

Keri
sorry for being a little too oblique but it is a joke about a pocket knife that has a tool for everything , even removing boy scouts from a horse's Hoof :O)

Kartar said...

Keri - It's a Terry Pratchett reference from memory.

Andy B said...

It has more buttons than an iPhone. I'm still not convinced.

Iain Hall said...

Actually Kartar its a Goons reference

cosmicjester said...

How much does it cost?

Keri said...

I got it for nothing signing up to a $69 cap with Vodafone (Which gave me nearly the same call inclusions - $440 - as my $89 no-phone-for-you Optarse deal)

I'm not sure how much it is outright, though.

Andy - you don't need to use the buttons, but it's handy to use the scroll button like a mouse.