Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Tool of the Week

That'd be me, people.

Why? Because I managed to sedate myself yesterday morning on an over-the-counter medication. Noice.

Apparently it's common knowledge to everyone but me that taking Phenergan (An over-the-counter anti-histamine) means you will not be able to stay awake for twelve hours.

It's now common knowledge to me. And twenty hours of sleep in twenty-four hours doesn't exactly leave you refreshed.

Any chance I can chalk this up to a learning experience?

No? Damn.

6 comments:

Toaf said...

Ah yes, phenergan. I remember it well. Mum put it to good use whenever one of us five kids was unable (or unwilling) to sleep. When we were young, that is. Now she just tells us to beat it.

Michelle said...

Beat it? Surely she told you that when you were a teenager, too?

Adam 1.0 said...

When I was 15 I could sleep 14 hours a day unaided by any chemicals. God, that was a glory era.

dam buster said...

Phenergen = Mummy's little helpers to get angry toddlers to sleep.

If they have a rash or a bite that itches like a mo fo the stuff does wonders.

Rob Kemp said...

20 hours of sleep? Best I've ever managed is 16! Well done!

Keri said...

Why am I the only person who doesn't know this?

And what's with all the mothers drugging their kids?