Sunday, January 25, 2009

Self-nomination for Un-Australian of the Year

Firstly, because technically I AM un-Australian.



And secondly, anyone who has seen me drink wine will know why this article article makes me hang my head.


It's true. I'm a wine drinker. A white wine drinker. Who drinks Oyster Bay Sav Blanc. An Un-Australian wine.


In fact;



I'm sorry, Australia. I've shamed myself. And brought shame on the whole country.

But, as I write this, I'm having a glass, and I can't tell you it doesn't taste pretty damn good.

5 comments:

Tobias Ziegler said...

Oh. Yes. Indeed.

That is the official wine of my workplace. Well, it's the wine we have with lunch when my friends and I visit the pub.

Nice selection, Keri. And given that it's unAustralian to drink anything other than beer, bourbon or Bundy, I don't think the fact that it's an imported wine matters. Teh Left is already unAustralian in its drinking habits.

Jeremy said...

Dammit, what are we lefty elitists to drink now?

iainhall said...

Dammit, what are we lefty elitists to drink now?

Cake

Keri said...

If I could suck cake through a straw I'd be using my talents in an entirely different field, methinks.

Domino said...

Wine! Like Blackbooks!