Tuesday, January 27, 2009

And I've got the piece of paper to prove it.

You know those friends you've got?

The ones who can tell you anything?

The ones who have enough respect and love for you that they tell you when you're going down the wrong path?

The ones who love you enough to not be able to stand by and watch you make a mistake without saying "Hey mate. I've got your back and it's your choice, but I just think you need to stop and think about what you're doing here"?

The ones who care too much to not do anything when they see you're in trouble? Who just can't keep their mouth shut, even though other people tell them you'll blame it on them when things go wrong?

That's what an immigrant who is critical of the government is. They're not traitors, they're not whingers, they're concerned bloody citizens or residents just like you, who see it as their duty to stand up and say something.

So take that jingoistic slogan off your bloody car.

And that giant chip on your shoulder could probably stand to go, too.

14 comments:

Andy B said...

Wait, did I miss something here?

Chuck A. Spear said...

You know those friends you've got?

The ones who can tell you anything?

The ones who have enough respect and love for you that they tell you when you're going down the wrong path?


Yeah, they are called sticky-beak know-it-alls.

Jeremy said...

"Wait, did I miss something here?"

No, I think it's a response to this argument with Yobbo.

Andy B said...

Yeah, he is a bit of a dickhead.

Keri said...

Chuck - Some of my best friends are stickhy-beak know-it-alls.

Andy - And predictably, that thread has descended into telling me to go home.

Although that wasn't Yobbo, for the sake of clarity.

Chuck A. Spear said...

When is Jeremy going to ban the reap person anyhows?

Jeremy said...

When he gets a dickhead warning and doesn't pull his head in.

Keri said...

I want a written apology, 100 points of ID and a Stat Dec.

John Surname said...

Go back to England.

Andy B said...

I thought she was from New Zealand?

Keri said...

Nah, Andy. The other sheep-shagging country - Wales.

Andy B said...

Oh, I knew that. I was just trying to rile you up.

Keri said...

I know, I just wanted an excuse to say "Sheep-shagging"

Andy B said...

I approve.