Thursday, October 23, 2008

Potential for Freakout

Caution, Arachnaphobes. You may not be happy with this story.

Basically, giant, creepy-looking spider eats hapless bird.

But what cracked me up were some of the comments:

“Pfft. I’ve eaten lots of birds”

“Can we train them to eat Cane Toads?”

“I think they should stick to eating other insects”

(Nerd moment: Spiders are not insects)

And my personal favourite:

“I for one welcome our new overlords”

I don’t know why, but that last one has been making me break out in giggles for about half an hour.

5 comments:

junebug said...

"Overlords" Still Giggling!!! Didn't read the story since I'm sitting in a dark basement at night but I will in daylight. Still Giggling.
ICLW

Keri said...

Junebug - I certainly wouldn't look at it if you're in a dark basement at night.

Bron said...

Spiders aren't insects? What are they then?

Kymberli said...

Oh, my freaking goodness. That's flippin' scary.

bron - spiders are arachnids and are closer to crabs (which also have 8 legs) than they are to true insects (which have 6 legs).

End nerdy moment.

Celia said...

My brain refused to make sense of this at first. Then I saw what seemed to resemble Alaskan King Crab legs clutching a feather duster. But they were black. wahhhhhhhhh