Monday, September 01, 2008

Speechless, for now

I'm working on about eight posts at once, which I've only now realised is a bad idea.

Also, I'll be unveiling the blogging project that's been keeping me busy soon, too.

For now, take a look at this

Apparently, according to Bolt and some of his readers, softening of an inflated housing market is a bad thing.

I'll come back and write more on this later, but for now, sit back and marvel at the stupidity who will try and paint positive economic outlooks as a negative as long as it can be pinned on someone Bolt doesn't approve of.

**Update**

Posted the following comment at the BoltCave:

"Don't bother, Owen. Why talk sense when there are witches to hunt?

Seriously, if you don't know enough about the economy to realise that a slowdown in inflation, drop in interest rates and softening in an inflated housing market was the aim of not only Swan, Rudd and the RBA but also their predecessors, you've got no place commenting on the economy to start with"


It'll be interesting to see if it gets published.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I couldn't bring myself to read past the first 5 comments. I already wanted to throw something at the monitor.

Tobias Ziegler said...

Bugger, I made the mistake of going past 5 comments. The wisdom is astounding - apparently, Kevin Rudd and Wayne Swan managed to destroy the economy simply by opening their mouths.

Mind you, these are the same people who think any economic problems will be instantaneously solved by bringing back Peter Costello.

bron said...

Did the comment get published?

Keri said...

Yeah, nearly a day later though, Bron.

Tobias Ziegler said...

I often wonder if the haphazard moderation over there is just because they're hopeless or if it's done strategically to manage conversations - it seems to me that they could easily prevent a flood of substantive comments that prove Bolt's idiocy, while letting the "ME TOO" comments and the more bizarre rants of disagreement through.