Monday, September 22, 2008

I'd like to thank the Academy

I have to start today's posting by going a little Gwyneth Paltrow-Oscars-acceptance-speech* and thanking everyone.

Those who've wished me Happy Birthday in the comments or via e-mail, my father and step-mother and step-sister for the lovely birthday breakfast Saturday and for dinner last night, my best mate A and girlfriend A, my brother and his girlfriend for coming on Saturday night. My mother and step-father for organising the surprise three-course meal at the winery, for the flowers, and everyone who got me a card, present, or just said "Happy Birthday"

Seriously, I've been spoilt this year beyond anything I could possibly expected. Honestly, just, wow.

Now, if you'll excuse me, i'm off to cry into my new dressing gown, just to complete the analogy.

*Please note that whilst I'm willing to compromise standards far enough for a Paltrow-esque speech, I'm wearing an excellently uplifting bra (Black half lace balconette with red-rose detail - you know the one), and am not wearing panda like make-up. Some things would be gong too far, even for me.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

So I guess since you're not doing the whole Paltrow performance, we don't get to mock and jeer for years to come?

Disappointed.

Keri said...

Oh, you'd love that, wouldn't you?

Stephanie, Phil, Kayla, Logan & Alex said...

Happy Birthday fellow September birthday girl. I loved your Paltrow speech.

(Here from ICLW.)

theclam said...

Happy Birthday from a ICLW'er :)

Martha said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Love the acceptance speech. Visiting from ILCW.

Aunt Becky said...

Bwahahahahaha! So glad to have met you, however virtually it may have been.

Happy belated birthday, my ICLW friend.

Kristine said...

Wow, sounds like an amazing birthday!

Kymberli said...

Happy belated birthday!

ICLW

Bron said...

Don't forget those who sent you b'day wishes via SMS!

(Guilty as charged, Your Honour.)

Keri said...

Ah, yes.

I got in trouble for sending you a reply at dinner, Bron.

BITCH!

(Thanks! xx)

Tobias Ziegler said...

You can always offset the Gwynethness of the thank you speech by ending with some Jack Palance push-ups.