Thursday, September 18, 2008

Asploding geeks in 3...2...1

Wow. A new hitchhikers book, written by Eoin Colfer.

I have to say, when I first saw the headline, I was very apprehensive.

Then I saw Colfer would be the writer, and my heart resumed beating again.

Colfer, for those who haven’t heard of him, is the writer of the Artemis Fowl series of books for children/adolescents.

And yes, I’ve read all of them with glee. They’re fantastic. They aren’t at all like Harry Potter (Although there is magic) as I’ve seen some reviewers (who clearly haven’t read the book) state, and I love them.

I can see as well, why he was chosen. He’ll be perfect for it.

And I’m tipping cardiac arrests among geeks and nerds will sky-rocket today. I’m also predicting a Red Cross appeal will be set-up to help bookshop-repair drives just after the book is released.

No comments: