Friday, July 25, 2008

Puntastic

The setting - my brother contends that my mothers beloved "thingy plant" is fake. She tells him it isn't. He bites it to test whether it is or not, and my mother rushes over to save the plant from destruction. My step-father pipes up from his position at the other end of the room

"Leaf it alone"

After the obligatory groans and my gut-busting laughter:

"He's stalking it"

My mother, who loves falling on her own sword as much as the next person, chimes in:

"Stop planting ideas in his head"

11 comments:

Arian said...

lol. I needed a smile today. Thanks.
ICLW

Magic Bellybutton said...

That was punny.

Meanwhile, Pun of the Day is just great.

Bron said...

HAW HAW HAW! Made me laugh!

Martha said...

Thanks for sharing, you have Quite a lovely family. Visiting from ILCW.

Keri said...

Thought you'd like it, Bron!
MBB, that site is the awesome.

Thanks Martha and Arian!

~Jess said...

Haha! Too funny. So was it real? or fake?

ICLW

Danifred said...

This is wonderful, thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

That was cute. Sounds like stuff my dad and husband would say.

ICLW

Kristine said...

I love moments like that, when family is silly together.

ICLW

Nic said...

Hmmm, some earthy family humour (ok, weak but it is Sunday!)

Hello again from your stalker (no pun intended ;-) )

Sue said...

Visiting from ICLW...Isn't family fun? :)