Thursday, June 26, 2008

Comedy by theft

Tim at Sternzine was tagged with the Page 123, Sentence Five.

He then failed to tag me, being unaware of my existence, but I thought I'd turn to page 5 of the nearest book and have a squiz at what was there.

May I just add, I am not making this up, and it was the nearest book to hand.

Sentence five of page 123 of The Intimate Adventures of a London Call Girl:

"For completely unrelated reasons, I am looking forward to the Year of the Cock."

Discuss.

(Oh, and since it is technically a meme, I tag Magic Bellybutton, Bron and Jeremy.

8 comments:

Magic Bellybutton said...

Sigh.

Keri said...

Why sigh, Moon-Pie?

Magic Bellybutton said...

Bloody memes.






OK, I do like them. And this one was rather amusing.

Tell me, is it a good book? I've been wanting to read it.

Plus, who can say no to a year of cock? Other than lesbians.

Keri said...

It's excellent.

The follow up is also good. I bought the first book when I was home in Wales the last time, and the look on my Grandfathers face when he spotted me reading it was priceless!

bron said...

Ooh, I left my book at home -- all five of them that I'm reading at the moment (a bit from that book, a bit from this book. I'm useless at sticking to one book at one time).

I'll do it when I get home tonight. Wonder which book it will be. Hmmm.

It's interesting seeing what everyone else is reading.

Magic Bellybutton said...

It is impossible for me to stick to one book at a time, too.

I need variety. And contrary to popular belief, it is very easy to swap between them without confusion.

bron said...

That's right, MBB. I hate it when people say, "But don't you get confused?!"

Erm, no, not really. It's not hard.

Magic Bellybutton said...

I feel like saying to them, "Can you put on your socks and think about other things at the same time? Why? Isn't it confusing?!"