Wednesday, May 07, 2008

My life is now complete

I’m used to people spelling my name wrong. Friends, Family, the Immigration Department, it happens. Unless the person knows me very well (Or the Australian Government sees fit to issue me a passport in the wrong spelling), I’m unlikely to care, unless I just want to give stick to them. I’ve got one Aunt who spells my name differently every time she sends me a birthday card, and sometimes there will be a different spelling on the envelope as there is on the card, both incorrect.

My name, as you know, is Keri Elisabeth James. Because my work email was set up before I started, and one of my forms of ID has a hyphen between Keri and Elisabeth, It was set up as Keri-Elisabeth James. Which is fine. I think it’s kind of purty. Distinguished, like.

But today, I think I’ve reached a new zenith in the arena of wrong-name spelling.

I received an e-mail for a work matter today, and it was addressed to Kerri-Elizabeth Jomes.

That’s right, folks. Not one, not two, but ALL THREE of my names spelt incorrectly.

My work on earth is now done.

7 comments:

Ant Rogenous said...

My days of trying to keep up with the Jomeses are finally over now that I've caught up with one.

Keri said...

I figured it was somewhere between James and Jones.

Maybe I should change my surname to really piss people off. Make it jamesopoulous or something.

Magic Bellybutton said...

Jamesaroni

Keri said...

Keri Jamesaroni.

I like it. Next time the imm. department spell my name wrong on my passport, I'll ask them if I can choose the mis-spelling.

Evil Bill said...

I can top your mis-spelling yarn. I used to work with Myf Warhurst (before she was like famous and sold her soul to work on commercial radio). That made her name Mfyanwy Warhurst, and she never received anything mail spelled correctly. The highlight though was when she received one item of mail address to MyFanny WartsHurt. Gold

Keri said...

That is fantastic, Bill.

I don't think there's any way I can top that at all.

Terry Wright said...

Well done Jonesy

I am glad they got your name right.