Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I knew there was a reason I didn't bank with banks

Dear nameless bank,

Why do you close at 4pm on all days except Friday? Why can't your staff work a full day? I start at 8am, finish at four thirty (well, I'm supposed to) and it's hard for me to get to the bank at lunchtime at the moment. I need a statement, and I haven't been able to get to your doors for a week. I haven't been taking lunchbreaks, so I've just wasted twenty minutes walking there and back to work for nothing. NOTHING.

Additionally, why can't I register for internet banking by any other method than with a bank card? I told you when I opened the account that I didn't want access to the netbanking account via card. I don't want them linked. I don't want that temptation. WHY DO I NEED A BANKCARD TO REGISTER FOR INTERNET BANKING? And if there's a good reason, why do your customer service phone monkeys not know what it is?

You just want me to spend all my money and get into debt, don't you, nameless bank?

I know I said I wasn't going to be around this week, but this ticked me right off. Now I'm going to have to go up there again tomorrow at lunch, and I really don't want to. I hate doing my banking at lunchtime. It means I have to take the full lunch hour to get there, stand in a queue and get back to the office pissed off and behind on my work.

Just, gah.

No comments: