Sunday, April 06, 2008

Is there anything better?

Than watching the Bombers beat Carlton on a balmy Saturday night at the G?

Apart from the debacle with our memberships that saw us miss most of the first half, it was a great night.

Oh, but word of warning. There are two things you shouldn't do if you've just had something hacked out of your arm and have stitches in place; Go to the city during the Comedy Festival, and go to a packed MCG with a friend who keeps forgetting you've only got one functioning arm and grabs the non-functioning one and shakes it.

But he was useful for getting in and out of coats.

9 comments:

Bron said...

Yeshhh, but was he useful for anything else? *snickers*

Keri said...

Oh good god no, Bron. He’s my best mate, I went to school with his girlfriend and I wouldn’t go there if my life depended on that. ‘Sides. I have someone for that anyway.

I’m told he’s very attractive, but I stopped seeing him that way right after the one and only drunken encounter we ever shared about three and a half million years ago.

Bron said...

What are you talking about?

I meant was he useful for holding books too.

You been to Chicago? Where did you stay? (That is a valid question and not a trick one)

Keri said...

I've been to America, but never to Chicago. You travelling there soon?

Bron said...

Yep, about this time next year. Going from Portland/Seattle all the way to New York City via Amtrak. Arriving in Las Vegas before going to a friend's place in Portland. Planning on stopping at Havre MT, St Paul/Minneapolis MN, Chicago IL, before heading off to NYC for a few days.

Oh, and Joliet is about 50 mins train ride south of Chicago - I have to go there and see Jake Blues in gaol! haha. (I LOVE the Blues Brothers).

Whereabouts have you been in the USA?

Keri said...

Ehm, Hawaii and California.

I've always wanted to go to New Orleans, but then it got kind of....destroyed, so I didn't go.

Same thing happens with Indonesia -I've been booked to go three times, and civil war breaks out every time.

Bron said...

Hmmm, that is weird. Fate just doesn't want you in Indonesia? Screw Fate!

Keri said...

Next time I go overseas, I'm going there if I have to side-step Hades to get there.

Bron said...

Kick him one in the balls. That should do it.