Monday, March 03, 2008

So You Think You can Blog

Watching So You Think You Can Dance last night, I was struck again by three things;

1. Natalie Basssssssthingwaite has creepy, creepy eyes. She very rarely seems to open them all the way, which led my stepmother to suggest that she was on dope. She had that heavy-lidded look going on. At first, I was inclined to be kind and say that she might have trouble reading the auto-cue and was squinting without wanting to look like she was squinting, but the more I think about it, the more I think my stepmother is right. It would also explain why she has all the personality of a hairbrush whilst presenting, when she had seemed pretty good at it in the run-up

2. She’s sharing her stash with the costume department. It’s the only reason I can come up with for making some of the contestants look like they do. Some of them look great (Pre-Joint) and others look like they just grabbed the first thing to hand and flung them at the contestants and slammed the door. I’m not exactly a fashion plate, and I reckon I could have done a far better job.

3. Vanessa, I applaud you. Clearly, you’ve listened to the advice you’ve no doubt been given, and kept your mouth shut as much as possible. I swear, she’s only getting through because she’s paired with the extremely talented Henry.

I’m hoping tonight that JD and Vanessa go, as everyone else doesn’t bug the living bejebus out of me.

2 comments:

Ant Rogenous said...

I hear ya about Bassingthwaighte's beady little snake eyes! They creep me out even more than the Rogue Traders' music.

Keri said...

Oh, that's a close call. And what about when she's singing the Rogue Traders music - with those beady little eyes?

Damn, I won't be sleeping tonight now.