Thursday, February 14, 2008

Mystery Solved!

Yes, I have discovered who the mystery Saturday Night Caller is.

After a brief triumph on Monday when I got my Step-sister to listen to both the message and a recording I had on my phone, we were convinced we knew who it was.

I thought I’d listen to the message one more time just to see if there was anything I might have missed. And that’s when it hit me. I may have lived here for the best part of seventeen years, but I still occasionally have problems with Australians saying 0 and 8.

I tried switching the numbers – and lo and behold! Turns out Saturday Night Caller is someone I met at the pool hall I used to play at. Four months ago. On Grand Final day, to be specific.

So, we talked for a while, and though I remember the T-Shirt he was wearing, I don’t remember much else. I mean, give me a break. It was four months ago, and we had the briefest of brief conversations whilst his mate chatted to my mate, and that was it (Apart from me betting him $10 he wouldn’t call me)

In the meantime, we’ve been talking and texting, and he doesn’t seem any freakier that any other guy I’ve met. And yes, boys, you are all freaks. In one way or another, you all have something very odd about you. I have no idea where this is going, other than to say I now at least know whom the call was from.

Begs the question though. What kind of person rings someone they met four months ago at 3am? Any ideas apart from the obvious?

(Oh, and the T-Shirt was one that said "Cheer up, Emo Kid")

No comments: