Friday, January 04, 2008

2008

Hello 2008!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years. My Christmas was good, much laughing around the Christmas lunch and dinner tables, and a compromise on carols.

New Years wasn’t so great, but then I should have made sure I was more in control of the situation, instead of drinking and making sure I wasn’t. What an idiot. Honestly.

But, short of constructing a time machine, I can’t change what happened, I can only make sure it never happens again.

So, long story short, B and I are no longer seeing each other. It’s not the end of the world. I was angry and upset at the time, but now I just feel like if it was going to happen better it happens now than down the track when we would have been really hurt by it.

So, Semi-Charmed Life was just on the radio and I’m staying at my mothers for the weekend, and it sounds like there will be Thai on the menu tomorrow night.

5 comments:

Evan said...

Arg...with the drinking and the stupid things you do without realising what you're doing and lack of time machine. Been there etc.

But hey, at least the words "Melbourne Storm" now make me cheer instead of cringe. And that didn't require a time machine.

Fortunately (i think) I have a job with 0.00% BAC requirements, and I always seem to be working on holidays. So the benders (if you could call them that) are few and far between. The last time I got quite pissed was when I went to see [whisper]My Chemical Romance[/whisper], and due to the severe lack of over 18s, the booze lines were very, very short. Heh.

Please forgive any incoherence. You know how hot it is in Melbourne today (Saturday). And i'm all air-con-less...

Keri said...

The drinking certainly made it worse. I did actually realise that I wasn't in the right frame of mind for a break-up conversation, and was standing there with the taxi number in my hand, but he walked in and so we had the conversaton/yelling stupidity anyway. I spent most of the next two days thinking what an utter, utter fool I was for drinking when I knew it could go that way, but I guess it isn't the end of the world.


I think the only response to being at a My Chemical Romance gig is to get pissed, so I don't think you could be blamed for that!

John Surname said...

Men are scum! Your breakup also suspiciously sounds like my last one. Drunken night/taxi/shouting things. It's all too familiar.

Nice blog, BTW.

Keri said...

Eh, I'd say all men are scum, but it isn't true. B isn't scum either, just needs to make up his mind next time.

And thanks!

~Denise~ said...

Happy New Year!