Thursday, November 29, 2007

  • Things I love:

    · The smell of rain. The sound of rain on the roof when I’m undercover. Actually, I don’t mind the rain, apart from what it does to my hair.
    · Flowers. Freesias, Roses, Daffodils – I love the smell, the feel of silken petals. I grew my own Daffodils for the first time this year, and they made me smile on my way out of the door every morning.
    Thunderstorms. Lightning. Watching the elements make a mockery of us.
    ·Music. Of late I’ve been organising to attend/attending a lot of gigs and getting a fair bit of new music. In the last few months I’ve discovered Feist, Rufus Wainwright, Interpol, Faker and Editors. New music is great
    · Old music is greater. I ordered a CD I’d lost a while ago – Lighthouse Family, Postcards from Heaven, and it’s bliss. Like slipping into a warm blanket with a book you’ve read a thousand times and a big steaming mug of hot chocolate.

    Things I want:

    · A car. Preferably a Mazda 3, or if you’re feeling really generous, an Astin Martin DB9. But a 1994-1996 Toyota Corolla would do me nicely.
    ·A license to drive said car. And an end to the fear that I’m about to kill myself and anyone else within a kilometre.
    · A holiday. A proper holiday. It feels like years since the last holiday but it was only two months ago I was in Perth.
    · To have remembered when Bon Jovi tickets went on sale. I missed out AGAIN.


    Things I have that I never thought I would:

    ·Clear Lungs. I can’t believe how congested my lungs were, and how easily I ignored it. I honestly didn’t realise how bad they were. I ran on Sunday, and I was tired, sure, but I wasn’t out of breath. Unbelievable.
    ·A pretty good relationship with my mother. Which is a HUGE improvement from being angry/upset/hurt/murderous when thinking about her or seeing her. I’ve just learnt that she is how she is, and nothing I say is going to change that. All I can do is try and focus on the positive aspects of our relationship and make the most of that.
    · B. To say that before I met him I was not expecting to find myself as happy with him as I am now, well, that’s an understatement. I didn’t expect to find him at all. I didn’t expect to find myself missing him when he went away for the weekend. I didn’t expect anything. And that’s sometimes when the best things happen – when you least expect them.

No comments: