Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Slightly Hectic

Things are going to be busy this week, but I’m going to try and update anyway.

Last night B cooked me dinner (ha) actually, we ended up cooking it together, because he wanted me to chop the onions, and then I kind of went on a herb hunting spree and it actually turned out to be pretty great. Also, we looked more into the holiday thing, and it looks like it might be a goer. It was nice to spend some time together, because B was away at the weekend, and, well, I missed him. I’m not even sure I actually said that to him. He told me he missed me, I know that, but I don’t think I said that I missed him. Will have to rectify that tonight or tomorrow.

Tonight is my one free night this week. B and I are going to my mothers tomorrow, so he can meet her and she can fill him full of food. Which should suit both of them, because he is a pig and she is a chef. Thursday is my work Christmas party, which is at a Thai restaurant, so that should be good. Friday I know I have something on but I can’t remember what. Saturday I have a driving lesson in the morning (More on that later) and Saturday night I’m going to see Tim Freedman at Manchester Lane. Hurrah!

On to the later bit. I am learning to drive again. As in, this is my fourth attempt at learning to drive. Generally I get to a month or two in and lose interest/give up/stop caring and leave it for another, ooh, three years or so.

This time is different. I’m determined to have both my license and a car within six months at the absolute outside. I’m 25 years old, for the love of God! I should have taken this step years ago. And it’s different as well because I am much, much more confident behind the wheel. My low-speed manoeuvres last week were great, which made up for the lesson before (six days into the non-smoking) when I nearly hit a car. It was the lack of concentration, I’m sure. I couldn’t concentrate on anything at the time, never mind learning things. That’s what I’m telling myself, anyway.

Also, I am going to make a concerted effort to save money. I need to have money behind me. To that end I have written out a budget and this time I am bloody well sticking to it. There’s no excuse at my age for not being able to save money. None at all. I will stop buying shoes instead of saving money. I will stop buying CD’s instead of saving money. I will stop buying doonas, and tents (more on that tomorrow, if I have time) and things I don’t need, instead of building some kind of security for my life.

If I can quit smoking, I can do anything. I just need to set my mind to it. I used to be good at that, once upon a time. And I will be again.
Onwards!

No comments: