Sunday, November 04, 2007

Long weekend - Shenanigan free

So what am I up to on the long weekend I hear you not ask? Well, Friday I endevoured to head out to Eastland to buy a particular dress in a particular shop, but was unable to get there as a giant bat ate the train/ collision at springvale road, so I trudged back home.

I have the house to myself this weekend, which has been good. Nice and quiet. But it is hard to stay smoke free when you are in a house by yourself, and a little voice in your head keeps saying "No one will ever know, Keri. You could go and get some cigarettes now, smoke yourself stupid and then start again when people get back"

Then I remember what the first four days of quitting were like, and I have no urge to ever go through that again. Ever. I really don't want to go through four days of constantly thinking about something I can't have and wanting to hurt inanimate objects. So I'm keeping myself busy, and just remember all the good things about not having a habit that will kill me. Like not dying. That's pretty much top of the list, you know?

Anyway. Last night B and I went and saw Gala Flamenca at Hamer Hall, and it was amazing. I had all these pre-conceived notions about what Flamenco dancing was, and it was nothing like that at all. It was all solo and group work - no couples - and it was very beat-centric. And completely stunning. The way everything - limbs, dresses, jackets, shirts - are props and part of the dance was just amazing. And apparently an awful lot of it is improvised, which is just astounding.

Tonight B and I are going to a Saw marathon, which should be interesting. Four straight movies of cringe-worthy gore. Yeah! And Tuesday I'm - wait for it - meeting his sister. Considering the trouble I've had with sisters and mothers (Aka, Bitches from Hell, tm) I'm hoping it goes well, but if it doesn't, I'm not going to get myself worked up about it. It's just not worth it.

Anyway, off to have a bath now. Hopefully this time I can get through it without dropping my phone into it. I know, what the hell did I have my phone in the bath for anyway? I don't really know either.

No comments: