Thursday, May 11, 2006
Is anyone else sick and tired of the "Pick up and Post" radio ad? It gets stuck in your head for hours at a time, and all I can think for the first hour of my work day is "If you've got a package to pick up, got a parcel to post, anywhere, coast to coast..." Please, please, release me. It's worse than the time I got the locomotion in my head. And that's saying something.
Dogs ARE the best people. At the moment we have my step-sisters (First use of the word Step-sister! Hee!) dog living at our place, and there is nothing better than a big ball of energy racing to the door and being that happy to see you that they have to jump on you, and lick you, and dash around like a mad thing. No person ever gets that excited to see me, ever. But maybe that's just me.
Check it out! Posts on two successive days! A record for the last year or two, surely.
Oh, and there's no better end to a night than a Hugh Laurie double. Specifically, House followed by Blackadder the Third. Still debating as to whether his Prince Regent is better than his turn in Blackadder goes Forth. The jury is still out.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
And a thought for the day. More a lyric, really, which has been striking me at moments when it's picked me up and set me straight:
"If he was one in a million, well there's five more just in New South Wales"
Yes, it's not easy, but I'm coping much better than I thought I would, and I have a fantasitc family and freinds, who couldn't be more lovely if they tried.
And that, is worth more than anything in the world.
Songs that have been following me around:
- As always, “Bring me some water” Can’t for the life of me remember the band name. It’s followed me around for a year, and never bodes well.
- Tubthumping by Chumbawumba (No idea how to spell the band name, though) – which has made me giggle, considering the circumstances.
- Have a Nice Day – Bon Jovi. Bad, because I’m likely to start singing along on trams, or at the very least, stamp my feet in appropriate places
Songs I’ve had stuck in my head:
- Made me Hard – Whitlams. One day I’ll put the lyrics up here. It’s apt at the moment.
- Keep the Faith – Bon Jovi. And excellent gym song, as I found out last night.
- I Will Not go Queitly – Whitlams. Not a reflection of the current situation, but one that always makes me smile and tap my feet
- Superman – Stereophonics – I just love the way Kelly growls the lyric “You got a woman but you want her gone, so you can sleep with a teenage blonde” It’s so bitter. A good walking-in-the-city-song.
- The Thomas the Tank engine theme song. And the smurfs theme song. I used to drive The Boy nuts singing that at him when we were in lifts and he couldn’t get away. Good times, Good times.
That’s all really. Songs and lyrics float in and out of my head at the most inopportune times, and sometimes it’s bizarre to jot them down and have a look at them.
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
To all those who have sent messages, called me, listened to me, and just said that they were here for me, I appreciate it beyond words.
That's all for now. More when it's appropriate.