Wednesday, June 21, 2006

In Passing

Just quickly, and in an effort not to neglect this blog.

Things are good. Apart from the woeful form of the Bombers, of course. A few things in my life have fallen into place, and I can look to the future with a slightly less bewildered expression. Slightly. Still don't know what I want to do with my life, or how I'm going to do it when I figure that out, still don't have all the answers, but things are looking up.

My mother is getting married, and has asked me to be Matron of Honour. Apparently you're supposed to be married to be a matron of honour? Maybe she's hoping for something in the meantime? Her wedding isn't until next August, but before anyone starts holding their breath, it's not going to happen.

My main duty, I was informed, is to keep her sober at her hen night. Fine, says I. But who is going to keep me sober? There'll need to be a matron of honour for the matron of honour.

Applications greatfuly accepted.

No comments: